Friday, January 6, 2012

First

It was a beautiful day in Alta, Utah today. The sun was shining and it was warm, unfortunately those together make for 'lousy' skiing. I use the quotation marks because lousy at Alta is still better than everywhere else on a good day. In a few short weeks (never understood that phrase, a week is always seven days; it can't be short or long) I will be boarding a plane for the land of schnitzel and beer; one of these things I like. For those of you that didn't get where I'm going its Germany. I'm very excited to be studying abroad. It is kind of amusing for me though that it is in Germany; Germany is a country that was on my "I don't actually want to go there" list. I was directed to do this by my advisor. We were sitting in my advising meeting looking at classes that I should take this coming spring semester and what I needed to graduate. Since I was forbidden from graduating this year, my advisor Dr. Mchugh (wonderful lady, short and a little over-caffeinated) said "you should go to Germany." I am not always quick on the uptake so I think my response was something like "heh." Short story even shorter, I'm going to Germany. My intention with this blog is to chronicle my journeys, philosophical thoughts, and whatever drivel I feel like posting. I would like to credit my sister, Lillie, for the name of this blog as well as victorystretch.blogspot.com. The name angry philosopher comes from most of the people I read philosophically are: angry, depressed, or both. Most of the German philosophers were angry. The name seemed fitting. I am not entirely sure what type of posts will go here versus there but I am sure a pattern will emerge.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment